Friday 14 March 2014

Stars and Spring


Hey there!
Today I've got a post that mixes the old and the new.
Two different looks with two different childhood influences.

------------------------


First up, Second Star to the Right




Esmaltes de Kelly - Neverland



As a little girl I loved the idea of Neverland. In fact I still do.
A place where all you do is go on adventures and FLY?? Sold. 
I didn't care much for Peter Pan, (except when Robin Williams was Peter in Hook. I love that movie.
Definitely one of my childhood top ten favourites. Ru-fi-OOOOO!), but I loved that freaking island.
Needless to say I was thrilled when I found this polish. 
I love the grey blue hues and the tiny black glitters sprinkled throughout. 



I added a nail tattoo from Big Ruby Tattoos on my index finger
and then another tattoo from the Born Pretty Store on my thumb. 
I also choose to name the panda Peter.
(Just so I can say that Peter the Panda is pleasantly positioned on my pointers.)   
The star remained nameless but I loved that little smile.

------------------------

Next, Hello Spring



Essie - Meet Me At The Altar // Barry M. - Greenberry // Northern Lights Holographic Topcoat


Just this past week we had to adjust our clocks again. 
This change in time (and soon season!) inspired me to use colours that were fun, and youthful, and oh so girly.
 I loved the gradient created between these two colours. Like a pastel sunset. 
The decals are from the Born Pretty Store and were actually a bonus gift with purchase.


Hello Kitty has nothing to do with spring (or does she?) but it just felt appropriate. 
Besides, she'll always have a special place in my heart because of her show. I can still sing the whole theme song.
 (Am I the only person who watched that as a child?  No one ever mentions it to me.) 

------------------------

So that's it! Thanks for stopping by and reminiscing with me.
See you in a few days!

xo, D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin