Thursday 30 May 2013

7 Deadly Sins Challenge: Wrath


Hello there!
So I’m back from the dead, or as I like to call it “I-finally-got-my-laptop-back-from-that-place-that-repairs-them-praised-be-baby-Jesus”. My entire cooling system needed to be replaced. I understand why – I mean I’ve had my lap top for almost 4 years now – I just didn’t realize it would take so long. At first the man with the Russian accent said “okay, we’ll look at it and call you.” Then he called & said “So your cooling system needs replacing. We have to ship the part and it might take up to two weeks.” TWO FREAKIN WEEKS!! I wanted to cry. Luckily I only had to wait a week, but I still suffered from severe blogging withdrawal. And let me just say that using someone else’s lap top did not help. It just made me want mine more. Needless to say I was beyond happy when he called. This is what I sent a friend after I picked it up: “I finally got my laptop back (insert dancing emoticon) I was hugging it like it was my child that had been at camp for a week.”  Now you know my brain a little more.

Finally I get to blog. For my first day back I wanted to show you what I did for wrath for the Seven Deadly Sins Challenge. I choose to combine day 9 and 10 because I had my graduation that week (pssttt! upcoming mani) and I wouldn’t have time to do that many manicures in a week. So here are the prompts: “Day 9: Get mad trying, again, that technique you know it's going to be a fail” + “Day 10: Find something that blows your top and express it with your art!”

The technique that I chose to use was splatter. I’ve tried doing it on more than one occasion and it was just not happening, but I decided to give it another go (this was number 3 I’m pretty sure) because In Jeeb We Trust does the most amazing splatters and I just wanted to try and see if I could even manage to do one nail. Here they are:

SAM_4810

SAM_4812


To fulfill the day 10 aspect I had to think a little bit. I ended up using Translink (which is the name of the public transportation system where I live) as the thing that blows my top. Don’t get me wrong, I love being able to take a bus/skytrain anywhere in the city. I just wish that all the idiotic things that happen to me while I’m on the bus would stop. If you’ve ever taken public transit then you will understand. 

SAM_4814

In any case, I used Translink’s colours so that the theme would be meet. Recently the buses were somewhat updated. Example. So the colours I went with were grey, yellow, dark blue, black, & a bit of white.
(If you'd like to know any of the names of the polishes just comment below.)

SAM_4815


So there you go! First post back and I’ve already bombarded you with text.
It’s just because I missed you, I swear. Remember to check out the other ladies!

D

P.S. In case you noticed that I skipped day 8: not only was the theme sloth but the prompt said “only if you want”. I didn’t want. So I skipped it and embraced my slothy side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin