Saturday 4 May 2013

Liebster Award


Hello again friends.
So I was nominated by The Polish Playground for a Liebster Award. At first I was all, “An award??!! Sweet. I hope there’s cash involved.” After looking into it I’m sad to say I haven’t won any giant trophies or received any cash (so no, I won’t take you out for dinner with my winnings). But it’s still a really cool concept though because it allows bloggers who are just starting out to build connections and it also allows their followers to get to know them a little more.
liebster2

Upon receiving this award one needs to do the following:

1. Write up 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
3. Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have under 200 followers.
So let’s get going!

11 Random Facts:
1.  My dog’s a great liar. (Learn more about her below.)
2. I love beef jerky. That stuff is beyond delicious.
3. I can make my tongue look like a three leaf clover.
4. I am awesome at “winging” my eyeliner.
5. I love Bruce Willis Movies.
6. If you asked me what genre of music I like I couldn’t tell you. I listen to whatever moves either my body or my soul.
7. When I was little I was the blonde girl with blue eyes. 
8. I love Dragon ball.
9. I like to watch video games but I don’t really like to play.
10. I can’t paint my nails unless I’m watching/listening to something. 
11. I feel naked if I’m not wearing a watch.

Questions From The Polish Playground:

1. What are some of the first blogs you started following?

Hmm… The PolishAholic, A Fashion Love Affair, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Dulce Candy, and 5 inch and up are some of the first ones. 
    
2. What made you start a blog?

I wanted a place to be able to write and express myself. So cheesy I know. But it really started as a whim and it’s snowballed into a passion.

3. Who inspires you in life?

That’s a hard one. There’s lots of different people I admire for different reasons. I admire my now departed granny because she had such a kind heart; I admire my parents for taking a leap and emigrating; I admire Sophie Kinsella because her books always make me laugh. I also admire people I don’t really know. People who face hard times and get through it. Teachers who actually educate. Musicians who sing about more than lipstick and kissing boys.

4. Do you own any pets?

I have a female German Shepherd. I received her as a present when I was 7 years old and she’s been with us ever since. She’s a bitchy old lady but I love her so. Whenever I’m sick she hangs out with me and she’ll come into my room and check in on how I’m doing. & I mentioned in the facts that she’s a liar. Case in point: If she’s already gone out with one of my parents, she’ll go to someone else in the room (right after!) and pretend like she hasn’t gone out. She’s quite a personality. Recently she’s also started doing weird normal dog things she never use to do like eating dirt, digging in the yard, and not barking at everyone. 

5. Fondest childhood memory?

Geez. I can’t think of one particular one that would be my fondest but there was this one time I met Jessica Alba that was pretty cool. They were filming Dark Angel right by house so a couple friends and I waited in front of the lot for a few hours and then she came and talked to us for a bit. She also let us touch the fake scar she had on which at the time was freakin amazing.

Now that I’m thinking about this I have to say most of my fond memories are with my friends just running around our neighbourhood. We’d do everything together. We’d go climb onto part of an outdoor garage. We’d gather change to get 5 cent candies and slurpees at the local 7 11. We would be outside basically all day in the summer just riding our bikes/scooters or running around in our imaginary worlds. There was this one time my friend crashed into a wall (she was fine but it was pretty funny). Another time we were riding sleds down our alley way in the snow and had a freakin awesome time and our neighbours hated us for that one because we made the alley all slick and ice-y (we won’t mention that a car almost hit us at one point..). 

6. Sun, rain, or snow?

Out of the 3 I’d have to say sun. I like being able to go out in a cute dress to enjoy a scenic walk with my boyfriend. The sun makes me happier. Plus it makes my holographic polishes look sooooooooo good. 

7. How much nail polish do you own in your collection?

Shoot let me count….  110.

8. What's your biggest nail polish lemming right now?

I’m dying for the new Zoya Pixie Dusts & I’m really wanting to see the new A England collection.

9. What's your top 5 favorite nail polish colors?

Right now I’d have to say (in no particular order):

A England – St. George
Zoya – Godiva
Sation – Love at First Lavender
China Glaze – Sunday Funday
Color Club – Cosmic Fate

10. Does anyone else you know in real life have a nail polish addiction like you?

Oh yes. My fellow fire sign In Jeeb We Trust does. Our boyfriends are brothers so we’ve become real close. When I started taking my blog in the “nail art” direction she joined me in my love for polish and we haven’t looked back since. The last 6 months has been all about polish for us (and our wallets). 

11. What one item will you always recommend everyone to try?

Deodorant. For some reason not everyone has been introduced to this concept.

Questions For Those I Tagged:
1. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? Why?
2. Do you dance when you’re alone?
3. Favourite article of clothing and why.
4. Do you have a favourite photo of yourself? If so, Describe it.
5. Can you speak any other languages? If you don’t, what language would you like to learn to speak?
6. Name a board/card/puzzle game you excel at.
7. What’s your favourite feature about yourself and why? It can be a physical characteristic or a personality characteristic.
8. Name something you’re afraid of.
9. What’s an outfit/hairstyle you regret having done?
10. Do you have a favourite song? Name it and describe why it’s your favourite.
11. What’s your guilty pleasure?

Bloggers I Nominate:
Now this section is all messed up because I could NOT find 11 people who hadn’t done this yet. Argh. So I got 5. (I swear I tried!)

Abnormal Nail Behaviour
In Jeeb We Trust* (*note: we decided to do each other’s questions so technically it’s a tag back BUT we’re rebels so we’re breaking that rule.)
Guilty As Charged
Noxie Nails
Style Your Bee


So there you go! If you like any of the questions please feel free to comment below (or post in your own blog) and answer some of them. See you soon!

D

5 comments:

  1. OMG Deodorant! That's so good! I killed myself laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering my questions! Your answers to some of them was funny like the deodorant one! It's kind of true too, lol. Also, I love Dragon Ball and beef jerky too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thank YOU for the nomination.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for nominating me! I just filled it out here: http://noxienails.blogspot.com/2013/05/liebster-award.html :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin