Saturday 27 September 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge 2014 Day 27: Inspired by Artwork



Firecracker Lacquer - Flamingo Fanfare // Michael Kors - Limelight
Sephora X - Fierce / Melodramatic // China Glaze - Pink Voltage
Essie - Blanc / Licorice // MoYou London - Sailor Plate 06

Happy Saturday beautiful people. 
Today marks the 27th day in the 31 challenge and the prompt was
to draw inspiration from artwork. I did a little digging to find something fun
and creative and I ended up falling in love with this piece by Callow Lily.



I knew I wanted to paint the eyes so I freehanded them on my middle and ring finger. 
The eyelashes aren't quite what I wanted but I still think they look creepy which is what I wanted in the end. 


To emulate the hair/clouds I started with Flamingo Fanfare as my base.
Then I stamped with a combo of Fierce and Melodramatic
After that I filled in some of the spaces created by the stamp with Pink Voltage and Fierce
Then I stamped again with Fierce, and to finish it off I added a bit of detailing with Licorice




I think these turned out pretty good. I'll definitely be drawing inspiration from more 
of Callow Lily's work in the future. But I'm curious to know what you think. Let me know!

I'll see you tomorrow with "Inspired by a Flag".

xo, D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin