Thursday 1 August 2013

Hello, Sweetie

Hey all!
So sorry for my absence. Got a bit caught up since it was…my bertday!! Turned 22 this year. Sort of odd to say that out loud. I always have a hard time readjusting to how old I am for the first few months and then as soon as I get comfortable with saying “I’m ___ years old” it ends up being my birthday in 6 months and then I start thinking about how old I’m going to be and then I get confused. (Awesome run-on sentence right?) In any case I ended up having a great birthday that was stretched out over a couple days. Which also means I have multiple manicures.
Today I have the first of 2 birthday mani’s to share with you guys. Fair warning – this is a wordy post.

SAM_5201

If you haven’t figured it out by now that InJeebWeTrust and I are close friends then let me be the first to tell you that we are. Many a milestone has passed and she’s been there. Kind of scary to think about what we’ve both experienced in the 5 and a half years that we’ve known each other
but it’s also wonderful to know that someone will stick through the bullshit with you.

SAM_5202

This year Gee and Lucas were gracious enough to host a birthday event for me at their place. We took in the sun during the day and lounged on blankets eating fruits, chicken and fries while the sun burnt every one one of us. Afterwards we headed to their place and I was treated to a home cooked meal and a birthday scavenger hunt. There’s nothing quite like a hunt that ends in too much nail polish being given to you. Needless to say this polish-aholic was ecstatic. I was also fortunate enough to receive an awesome nail buff-down from Lucas who basically sanded by nails to the shinest and smoothest surface possible. I sat for an hour and relaxed while he buffed and would say “Now we’re moving onto 2000!”. I felt like Goku powering up in his space ship while he traveled to Namek – except I wasn’t off to fight any evil. Unless you can consider the ridges on my nails evil.

SAM_5203

I just could not resist trying out some of my new babies and I ended up going with my new Nail Pattern Boldness in Hello, Sweetie. I was also gifted with Nail Pattern Boldness’ Glitter A-Peel which lets you PEEL OFF YOUR NAIL POLISH. My mind was blown. I’m pretty glitter obsessed when it comes to polish but I’ve always held myself back because of the clean up. No more my friends, no more. This stuff is amazing.
If you love glitter polish as much as I do then you definitely need to try it out. You won’t be disappointed.

SAM_5192

Oddly enough I’ve had my eye on Hello, Sweetie for a while now. I just never got around to ordering it. Gee knows me too well.
It’s definitely a little darker than what came out in the photos but it’s so beautiful. Red! Black! Gold! AND purple! It was meant to be.

I left that night feeling so loved and happy. I really don’t know where I’d be without these people in my life. I’m blessed and I’m so appreciative that I’ve been accepted and loved for who I am and not just what I can give. There’s nothing quite like a loyal friend.
That’s all for now friends. Day 2 will be up tomorrow.

Much love, D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin