Friday 16 August 2013

Pastel Galaxy


Hello again!
How are you all doing? Vancouver’s been a little grey the past couple days
(which I don’t mind because we needed rain) so I decided to do something light and pretty.
I’d seen this tutorial by Nailasaurus a little while ago and I’ve been wanting to attempt it ever since.
So here is my take on pastel galaxies:

SAM_5565
SAM_5574
SAM_5566

if I had to decide what would exist in this galaxy then it would definitely be fluffy bunnies and unicorns.
And there would be a giant caterpillar smoking out of a pipe. There’s just something magical about it.

SAM_5573
SAM_5514

As with any galaxy that I’ve done before I had to use quite a few colours.
First up I chose to use Highlight Of My Summer by China Glaze as my base. Don’t be fooled by the bottle shot.
This polish is actually a lot more neon in person but my camera was having a hard time capturing it.
The nail shots show the true colour better.
Then I used Lemon Fizz by China Glaze & Greenberry by Barry M.

SAM_5501

Next I added Meet Me At the Altar by Essie, Stevie by Zoya, & Miss Bliss by Colour Club.
The stars were done using a dotting tool & Essie – Blanc.
To finish it all off I added my OPI Matte Top Coat.

SAM_5502

Here’s the gang all together atop my current read: Mansfield Park by Jane Austen.

SAM_5522

SAM_5515

I was surprised by my how well this turned out. I have to admit I was slightly sceptical
because I just love galaxies using dark colours. I didn’t think it would work out but it totally hit the right note.
So what do you think? Are you loving the pastel galaxies or are you more partial to the darker versions?

Much love D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin