Friday 20 June 2014

Model City - Sugar Cookie



Hey all! 
So when Nina from Model City announced a few weeks ago that there was going to be a sale I just knew I had to get something.
My intent had been to get up early and order some of the bottles I've been lusting for.
As luck would have it I overslept. Woke up, turned off my alarm, laid back for what I thought would be a few seconds,
and then I woke up 2 hours later  >.<
Thankfully I did manage to get two new beauties, and the first one I have to share is Sugar Cookie.



Model City - Sugar Cookie


There's so many great things about this polish. First off, the name! Totally spot on. Formula was really great too.
Not to watery and really easy to work with. I did three easy coats and it layered nicely.
The finish was a bit grainy but with topcoat it went away.
But to be perfectly honest I like the original finish. Made it that much more like a sugar cookie!



I was very intrigued by the combination of glitters. When I first saw swatches I didn't really notice all the gold flakes
but once I got the bottle and swatched it I was quite surprised. Nina really knows how to make interesting polish. 


As awesome as Sugar Cookie is all on it's own, I was curious to see how I could transform a polish
 that was intended to be more "Christmas-y" into something that would work now during the Spring/Summer transition...


MoYou - Suki Plate 08 // Sally Hansen - Brisk Blue + Fuchsia Flare


And here it is - my attempt at Christmas in June ;) 
I think it came out looking a bit like a quilt.
Something you use at your Granny's house to cuddle up with.




I love that the glitter comes through even with the stamp. Gives it a lot more interest and depth. 


So that's it! Make sure you check out the Model City Polish shop and get something fabulous for yourself.
Swatches of my second buy from the sale should be up next Friday.
Let me know what you think and I'll see you after the weekend!


xo, D.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin