Wednesday 24 September 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge 2014 Day 24: Inspired by a Book



Joe Fresh - Cloud / Iris / Faded Violet
L'Oreal - a la Meringue // American Apparel - 7th and Alameda
O.P.I - Matte Topcoat


A few days ago I posted on my FB that "Inspired by a Book" was probably
my favourite of the whole challenge. And here she is - floral freehand inspired by
my version of Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina


I did these using a water colour technique. 
I don't have acrylic paint so I just used my regular polish and water. 
I did a base of white first and then built up the colours, and when that was done I did the detailing.
I think the matte top coat was the perfect finishing touch because my book cover isn't shiny at all.
And, let's face it, Anna Karenina is a depressing book. 




So what do you think? Let me know below!
And I'll see you tomorrow with "Inspired by Fashion".

xo, D.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin